Sunday, March 23, 2008

Plastic California

I'll never understand being part of a possessive relationship (although one might argue that I was a bit possessive of Ashley, I think that that notion waned over time due to the fact that she turned me into a pathetic mess).  Personal freedom is a great and wonderful thing, and restricting friends because of gender?  That's just plain idiotic.

Not that anyone in such a relationship is a bad person, but what is it that pushes someone to stay in such a predicament?  Oh, I'm sure love is there, but if someone loves you, they won't get angry/jealous/possessive of you being around someone else.

Christ, all I wanted to do is hang out.... and I got shot down because of the whole jealous boyfriend factor (if you ever read this, yeah.... you're one of the prettiest girls I've ever seen, but it isn't difficult for me to say that and do nothing other than hang out).  Shrug it off.  I'm always ready and willing to hang out, so if the situation changes, I'll gladly be up for it.  Until then, my opinion is that you should dump his ass if he really is that way.  

"You got to get up, and climb that hill again" -Tom Petty

That should be a new mantra for me.  It works on so many levels.  Gym, women, culinary, life....

No comments: